Gambia: Company Profile of Gambia Tourism Board (GT Board)
Gambia Tourism Board (GT Board)
The Gambia Tourism Board is the institution mandated by Government on June,2011 to promote The Gambia as Tourism destination.
The mandate of the Gambia Tourism Board was established by The Gambia Tourism Board act, 2011 and The Gambia Tourism Regulations, 2011. As part of the mandate of The Gambia Tourism Board the provision of quality control and licensing system are product development plays a crucial role to its activities.
The GTBoard has helped Destination Gambia realized milestone on its arrival from 153,000 in
2012 to 171,000 in 2013.
- As such The Gambia Tourism Board takes responsibility for the following areas:
- Co ordination of all tourism stakeholder activity, both public and private sector.
- Strategy development and growth.Advice to Government on tourism direction, performance and growth.
- Product development
- To develop The Gambia into a world class tourist Destination and business centre.
- To achieve 500,000 tourist air arrivals by 2020.Future
- To achieve 500,000 tourist arrivals by 2020 and increase the tourism contribution to GDP from current 12-16% to 25% by as per the vision 2020
- To make The Gambia a tourist paradise and a major tourist Destination through product innovation, quality improvement, improvement of investment returns and diversification of The Gambia’s tourism product.
- The Gambia Tourism Board has currently appointed PR and Marketing Firms in other Destinations like UK, Belgium, Nigeria, Holland, Spain and Germany and hope to increase its presence in other Destination which is in line with our strategy to diversify our presence in other countries.