Gambia: Company Profile of GAMBIA MILLING CORPORATION LTD. (GMC)
GAMBIA MILLING CORPORATION LTD. (GMC)
GMC's activities are:
- The milling, production and processing of Flour and other derivative products, such as Bran and Animal feed resulting from the milling of wheat and other cereals.
- Primary dealers of Flour and Brand in The Gambia.
GMC's in the business of manufacturing and dealing in Flour and farinaceous compounds.
History and past achievements:
- Incorporated on the 11th April 2013 and started trading on that date.
- Officially inaugurated on the 4th July 2013 by His Excellency, Sheikh Professor Alhajie Doctor Yahya A. J. J. Jammeh (Babili Mansa), The President of The Republic of The Gambia.
- Initial US$ 17 Million Investment with a further US$ 2.1 Million expansion program in 2014.
- State of the art Factory and ancillary facilities in the heart of Banjul’s commercial and trading district.
- Currently capable of producing approximately 228 MT. of Flour per day with an increase in capacity expected from the expansion program.
- A new state of the art 8000 MT grain terminal adjoining the Port of Banjul.
- Strong market position as bread Flour suppliers to The Gambia and the Sub-region.
GMC's vision is to make The Gambia’s Manufacturing Industry prosper.
GMC's mission is:
- To satisfy The Gambia’s growing demand for bread Flour and derivative products.
- Setting standards for excellence in The Gambia’s Manufacturing Industry by providing high quality products.
- To export the “Made in The Gambia” brand and create a strong positive reputation and image of GMC’s products within the Sub-region.
- To make a strong, positive contribution to the socio-economic development of The Gambia by providing skilled employment opportunities for Gambians, enhancing the national economy, transfer of technology, training and capacity building and supporting The Gambia’s strategic position as the gateway to West Africa.
US$ 2.1 Million expansion program that will extend the capacity of the existing facilities (through a new “Jumbo” silo) and upgrading a portion of the existing plant and equipment.
Further expansion of the existing facilities, in line with domestic and foreign demand and consumption.
The company has a keen desire to export GMC's product into new markets in West Africa and the Sub-region, by creating a high quality product whilst promoting and exporting the “Made in The Gambia” brand.